Sunday, June 7, 2009

San Francisco Marathon?

It was good to see some of you at Boston. I had contemplated running Chicago in the fall, but it appears as though 45,000 other people had the same idea before me. We have a marathon here in late July that I have decided to enter. It's a smaller race, but the weather should be in the 50s at gun-time and you'll run over the Golden Gate bridge. A few weeks ago, my running group received an email advertising free entry for 'elites', which in this case means sub-2:40. The text seems to indicate, however, that they will consider anyone who can go under 2:50 for complimentary entry. I'll send the email to Ryan. If you are interested, then you have a place to stay.

1 comment:

RM said...

Thanks Spence!

This is a great idea for anyone looking to break free from the run-of-the-mill racing of the East Coast. Sounds like it could be a great event.

If you're interested let me know and I'll forward you the info from Spence.