Friday, May 8, 2009

Really?

Today I was surprised by a large package (____'_ ____ ___ ____)

It was from Cherry Blossom. Apparently we placed third in the team division for overall male teams. This surprised me given Arjun was our anchor with a solid, but not absurd time, and then I don't remember who our next two scorers would have been - maybe Luke Holman and then Terence? Either way, sweet job guys. I have a plaque, which I will put up in the store, and some individual medals I'll hand out. Congratulations!

Additionally, the Arjundar Invitational BEER MILE appears to be on for Sunday, May 17. Time and place to be determined. Since I do not want to travel up to a real track and would prefer to keep away from Monument St, I'll probably map out a course down near Arjun's and we'll set up a station. We'll deviate from the traditional rule set a little, for ease of use and also so we don't get in trouble (we'll use Solo cups instead of from the can). If you do not want to drink beers maybe we'll come up with an alternative. My suggestion is that we scope Alex's bike race (4pm, Patterson Park) and then head back, via bikes, to the race site. Then we can ride back over and listen to HEART via the Marriott across from Pier VI.

And finally, I am going to start a new column entitled "Getting To Know You" in which I will feature somebody different each week and introduce them to the group. This will help for the people we don't know as well, or don't see as often. So if you see an email from me, please answer the questions.

9 comments:

Rebs said...

that "getting to know you" idea is great! I immediately started singing the song from the King and I when I read that...but none of you probably get that reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTNe6oD1mMk

alyssa said...

I don't know...I tend to think if we don't know someone slash don't hang out with them there's probably a good reason for it, i.e. they're not cool, they're creepy, or they're a close-talker. You should actually just profile the people we do know and do see all the time, so everyone else can take notes and have something to aspire to.

Ben said...

this is what happens when someone wasn't raised on 80's movies like "heathers", "breakfast club", "goonies", "sixteen candles" - you don't understand that just because somebody isn't "cool" doesn't mean they don't have value. that's the problem with kids today - they didn't have anthony micheal hall to help guide them through the thorny world of adolescence.

alyssa said...

haha, ben, first things first:
One, 80's movies are my jam. I want to marry Lloyd Dobbler. He is *not* cool.

Two, none of our friends are "cool" kids in the way that you perhaps think I mean cool. In fact, we're pretty much the opposite. A few examples: I speak in weird tongues. Arjun's spandex are baggy. Ryan consistantly wears red tops and orange shorts and thinks it matches.

Therefore, I still stand by my statement.

RM said...

Orange and Red are the same thing

gladfelter said...

My nickname is BARF. How F'n cool is that!

RM said...

Barf, it is cooler than you know. I speak so proudly and highly of my friend Barf to people I meet. In fact, I like the fact that we have some really sweet nicknames.

Andy G said...

I bet you were surprised by a large package... especially if it was in your own pants.

Jen said...

I agree with Alyssa, YOU guys are dorks. I on the other hand am the epitome of cool. Doesn't matter if I don't really know my left from right and used to cheat off of other kids doodles bc I'm not creative.