Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weekend Success

I think everyone who made it out for the celebration of Claire-bear's birthday last night would agree: great success. We all looked dashing, except for Kip, who elected to not dress up, and myself, who, as usual, looked like a complete douchebag. But the crowd loved it, and that's all that matters. Moment of the night belongs to Tank for coming back into the bar with 3 sets of girls' underwear in his pockets.

Question: Saturday September 27, obviously we have our annual tradition of the Bull Run Reunion Run, which starts at noon. Would anyone be interested in the Bel Air Main Street Mile that morning, which would begin at 9am and finish somewhere around 6 minutes later?

Think about that, we could double race, how sick of a day would that be? Think about it and let me know.

Anyway, time for results from the weekend: Jake's post obviously told his story, but Ben and Arjun went down to DC on Saturday for the National Press Club 5k, expecting a fast race. What they got was a 16:30 2nd place in no-man's-land for Ben (he did pick up $100) and Arjun got trampled like Mufasa in the Lion King. He did finish the race though, which is impressive.

Terence had the great success on Thursday at the 5k, and followed that up with a stellar performance on Saturday at the Dragon Boat Race. Even though it was on a technicality, his team (T. Rowe Price) was victorious for the repeat. This dual performance has earned him this week's Purple Drink Athlete of the Week.

Kyle was slated to do the Parks Half Marathon but as of writing this results were not posted.

The week ahead: Monday Fed Hill, Tuesday track. I did receive an email from Gilman School this past week which sounded kind of ominous. For now we are good to continue running there, but I feel like our time there may be running out. With the Philly Distance Run on Sunday, those who are racing I would suggest going a little lighter (not 3x3mile like Arjun did last year the week of PDR).

800-800-Mile-800-800-Mile-800-800 is the planned workout. I think after the alleged rain tomorrow, the weather is supposed to be great this week.

I may also run Wednesday, as I'm contemplating bringing back WNR a little early this year. I'll let you know.

Friday I will not be running in the Park, due to PDR. I'll post a special note about PDR plans later in the week.

11 comments:

THE KRIS said...

i'm down with doubling up on the 27th.

alyssa said...

Double racing? You may as well come run 62 with me.

RM said...

Ha, we will be doubling to get 4 miles in, 62 seems a little bit of a stretch.

Go get some socks.

alyssa said...

62 is really only 4...times 15. Haha that does sound horrible what am I thinking.

Dear Fun Jen, if you are reading this can you tell me if there are any hills in the Buff I can run to from the Hyatt downtown area? Heart you, Alyssa

PS- I still have your undies.

Jen said...

As we left your car some blackout drunk guy started talking to us and I was thinking aloud and blurted "Fuck, I left my panties in her car." The dude gave me this look of disbelief to which Mike had to explain that I was actually being serious.

Also I believe earlier that day we discussed people who leave shit at their one night stand's place in order to force a meeting again. This is totally that.

alyssa said...

For those of you who do not read craigslist on a regular basis and are somewhat clueless to this reference, I will let you in on the fun:
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/780311954.html

And if you weren't already convinced that craigslist is the best thing to read on the internet(second only to this blog of course), here's another gem for your consideration:
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/nsh/704945111.html

RM said...

The leave behind, it's a George Costanza classic. He left the real Russian hat at the chick's place, Elaine needed it back, the chick didn't have it, George didn't believe her, and then took her clock. Then it backfired.

alyssa said...

An example of it not backfiring: How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. She leaves her purse with the knicks tix and the lucky bitch ends up with matthew mcconaughy. Life's just not fair.

RM said...

In fairness, that whole movie was about two parties setting one another up unbeknownst to the other. If one party did it knowingly to the other unknowing party, then, unbeknownst to us, it would work.

BG said...

I was not aware that the movie DID work. That fact is unbeknownst to me.

alyssa said...

Wait...

What?