Wednesday, August 20, 2008

19.30

Wow - that's all I can say. 19.32 was a record I never thought would be broken. Then when a few Americans started running in the 19.6 range I thought, alright, they're getting closer, they'll push each other.

Then Usain "in the membrane" Bolt comes along and just got after it. I was really impressed that he ran the whole race and was considerably more humble afterwards. Into a head wind, no less. Surprised by two DQs though.

And yes I'm stating results because this event was done earlier today and was aired tonight.

5 comments:

RM said...

So it's 1:36am and I'm sitting up watching the women's 20km racewalk in the rain. I didn't realize these chicks had some pretty slammin bodies. They look stupid though. This one chick from Belarus was sticking her fingers down her gullet trying to make herself throw up. It was awesome.

Rebs said...

I did not catch the bulimic episode but I was watching it and they look ridiculous...too bad EVERYONE was getting yellow cards for running instead of RACEWALKING! Funny sport...

alyssa said...

As it turns out, Fun Jen and I are both retired racewalk champions, if anyone needs any info on the sport.

Jen said...

It's hard, it hurts, don't make fun of it.

a said...

Bulimia?
a