Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What Is Going ON??

This is some odd news, and really strange that it happened with days of each other...

First, uber female golf star Annika Sorenstam said she is going to retire at the end of 2008. This is pretty big news. It's big news because a) she's still kicking serious ass b) she's not old and c) it's golf, c'mon, is it really that hard? You walk around a nicely manicured course, beat up on weaker chicks and make tons of loot. But I can understand.

THEN, oft-world #1 tennis player Justine Henin (formerly Henin-Hardenne) abruptly retired today, citing she just didn't have it anymore. That's crazy. She's 25 years old. She was ranked #1 for 100 weeks and has won every major (I think).

This leads me to believe something's going on in the world of women's sports. Either it's a political conspiracy, or they are about to get busted for performance-enhancing drugs, or the two are lesbian lovers and are going to have a baby and a reality TV show. Who knows.

Either way, all I know is that I'm 26, I still (still) watch The Real World. Even though I said I would stop, it was on last week and now I'm hooked. They're doing hour-long episodes now, though, so the season isn't as long. There have been 4 episodes and there are only 8 left. Thank God.

No comments: