Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend Report

I want to give special shoutouts to those who raced twice over the weekend:

Brennan Feldhausen took 4th at the Laurel Turkey Trot on Thursday and then partnered up with Tom Stott, who had also raced Thursday in PA, to take 5th in the team division at the NCR Trail Marathon Relay. Jan Cook did the Towson Turkey Trot on Thursday and then the NCR Marathon on Saturday - his third in the last two months. Adam Sierakowski placed 5th at the Towson race.

Also in the NCR Relay, Kip and I held it down for Falls Road Red team, taking the top spot. Mostly thanks to Kip's amazing 1:12 split in the half. It certainly helps having him on your team. I was fairly pleased with my 1:25, it could have been worse. Thanks to Jake for jumping in for a few miles, that race was BORING. Our Kiwi friends Dean and Dave were holding the top spot before fading to third, and you can't really call it fading because Dave ran a 1:21, just Kip and some other kid who ran 1:17 were a little faster. 4th place team, and first in the mixed division went to the Gerbereuxs, Justin and Allison. Alli's stellar 1:32 split anchored by Justin's sub 1:19 had them way out in the front of that category. Jim Adams also raced on a relay team and ran a respectable 1:35. For a guy who hasn't run that long in a long time, that's pretty awesome.

This week we'll resume our normal schedule, with FHR tonight, Wednesday Night Run from Canton and Thursday from SoBo. As a special treat on Wednesday for those interested, we'll finish the run at my place and watch the TERPS take on Illinois in the ACC-Big 10 Challenge. Tip-off is 7:30. Sunday I plan on doing a long run, but I may take it off the trails and head down to Columbia for the metric marathon. I won't do the whole thing, but maybe 13-14. If I don't go there I will definitely be at the Park at 8.

No comments: