Wednesday, September 12, 2007

TNT #21 - September 11, 2007

I think this is the first September 11th this century that hasn't been a gorgeous day. Instead we were treated to very high humidity, temps in the mid to upper 70s and morning rainshowers. A few of our squad raced in the St. Joseph's Medical Center Run to Remember 5k downtown, including Dave Berdan (2nd), Dave Berardi (8th) and Lee DiPietro (3rd female). Jim Adams also competed, finishing well in the top 10% of the near 500 person event.

Track practice was fairly quiet, and it split into little groups of people doing different workouts. Arjun was doing 3x3miles, while Kris, Jeff and Kristen (welcome back!) were doing 4x1600. Dave Berardi, who had already raced, LT, Barf and myself did 5 x (600-300). Chrissie and Diane just went for a run, and Jim was running something, just not sure what.

For those doing the 600-300 workout, it was the shortest thing we've done all year, but would have qualified as a normal workout last summer. It didn't even feel like we had run afterwards, which is always a good sign.

Final notes for Philly Distance Run this weekend: I booked a hotel room at the Sheraton near Drexel, it is just a few miles from the start. Probably not the "best" area but whatever, we live in Baltimore. Anyway, I can accommodate 4 additional bodies in my car, so whoever wants to drive with me it will be first come, first served. I think Ben and JD are coming with me, Arjun and Melissa and Barf and Becky will probably drive up separately, and LT is driving up Friday night. I figure we'll leave Baltimore Saturday, go to the expo and check in, then hang out, go out to eat and then kick it at the hotel.

No comments: