I'm bummed because I was looking forward to racing personally, but also because I love this team event AND we were going to get to debut our new singlets.
But don't fret, because there's always a Plan B!
Nothing can make up for the atmosphere of a race - but we're going to try. Since we had all planned on running 10 hard miles on Sunday, for those who are up for some fun, here's what we're going to do:
- Meet at the Trade Center, warmed up, at 9:00am
- Based on the numbers, we'll break into teams of 2-4, evenly split between M/F
- Race a 6 mile, out-and-back course through the Harbor, Key Highway and out to the Fort
- Fastest aggregate time will be our Champions
- Go home, warm up and regroup for a celebratory brunch like we otherwise would have!