Tuesday, June 21, 2011

DDH 10k

32 people at the track tonight - absolute insanity!  Apparently the Tuesday track sessions up at Goucher or wherever Harm Shitty does theirs attract 40-60 a week.  I don't know how they do it.  But, a good workout nevertheless. 

As you all know, Dreaded Druid Hills 10k is this Saturday in Druid Hill Park.  The race starts at 7:30am.  We will be timing the event, and it seems like Jim may have enough volunteers for his part but I'm sure if you can help out, we can always use more.  Thus far I think I've got 5 people able to help out and probably could use another couple.  We are going to have the boards up for immediate posting of results (placement wise).  We'll need a few people just to help corral runners as they finish, and then a couple of people on the spindles.  If you can help, please let me know.  As usual I will bring Dunkin Donuts to the race for you to chomp on, and if you happen to have a coffee preference let me know and I can probably scoop that up as well.

If you are able to help, try to be there by 7am.  Also keep in mind that while this race is not as large as the Celtic Solstice, parking is still always kind of sparse on race morning so plan accordingly, and also you have to walk about a quarter mile around the lake to the Moorish Tower (southwest corner of the lake). 

On a racing note, next Wednesday, June 29, starts the BRRC Summer Track Series.  There are 4 weekday meets total (including 7/13 Meet of Miles) and the 2 person-10 mile relay on Saturday August 6 I believe.  If you want to do them, they cost $8 now for non-BRRC members and are slightly cheaper if you are a BRRC member, and that allows you to do as many of the events that night as you'd like.  Next week features the 1500m, the 800m and 2 Mile for the distance events.  The meet starts at 6:30pm.  I am tentatively planning on going to race there next week.

No comments: