Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pants on the ground

Hey friends...
On Feb. 13th there's a sweet event going on in DC (I know - nothing sweet ever happens in DC, but this is an exception to the rule!) They are doing a valentines-themed underwear run (link is in the title) right around the Capitol which is sure to be hilarious, plus there is discounted drinking involved. I have already (hopefully) conned some of you into going with me, as it's put on by a friend of a friend and I'd like to support their event! Other reasons to go: it's JK's birthday weekend, the olympics start that weekend, and I look hot in my underwear.

Perhaps we could even let the GRC runners in on the secret and have some sort of internal competition between us. Ben, maybe you can talk to them about that? hahahaha.

PS - if you would like to volunteer to be our DD we are taking applications for that as well.

15 comments:

a said...

Ryan also looks hot in Alyssa's underware.

Just sayin'

... we got bored on the trainers.


I might do this.

Jen said...

I'm in for drunken festivities!!!!!! I convinced Brennan too!

Big Pappa said...

Are there pics from years past sso I can evaluate if I want to do it or not?

alyssa said...

I think it's the inaugural event.

But if you google "naked hot chicks that my wife should know nothing about" that should be about right.

Jen said...

There are pics from Boston's version of the run on Fbook....
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=433239540240&ref=mf

BG said...

Wait... you're trying to find someone to drive home some drunk, fit runner chicks who are already in their underwear? Who's going to want to do that?

alyssa said...

application accepted, what time should we pick you up from the airport?

BG said...

I'll let you know as soon as I get the ticket or figure out how to be a stowaway. What kind of underwear are we talkin' here?

alyssa said...

anything you want but it better be covered in hearts and red lace!

a said...

Tank, Dr. K and I are planning to ride down to this.

Jen said...

Our initial idea is this... http://www.target.com/Xhilaration-Juniors-Low-Rise-Lace-Boyshort/dp/B002I9KAQK/ref=br_1_3?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=405496011&node=405496011&searchRank=salesrank&searchPage=1&rh=tgt_2%3ARed&sessionID=189-0287461-2778441&searchSize=30

KLIM said...

Jake from GRC here...

What is the "competition"? Just so you know, none of us can beat RM in "size" but we might be able to beat him in "spirit".

alyssa said...

ohhhhhhh snap GRC on our turf.

I think we can brainstorm ideas for the "competition" here, as I don't think it should be solely on time. Perhaps one of my engineer teammates can come up with a formula that combines spirit, beers consumed, and run time to deliver us with a proper way to judge.....

Jen said...

As long as these engineers create a formula where no matter what I win or at least win some sort of award for being awesome and born 25 years ago.

BG said...

Boyshorts are hot, yo.

I think ALyssa is on the right track, but she totally forgot the panel of judges for the underwear competition. I'm working on a fair formula right now.

I've got it!

We'll use the "Kindergarten Track and Field" formula: EVERYBODY WINS!! Especially the head judge, which will probably be Ryan, because he gets to pin the blue ribboms on the underwear of each competitor. (yes, even the guys; *especially* the guys)