Sunday, September 21, 2008

Six weeks to NYC

Congrats to the PDR runners, I saw some good results from TWSS. I am sure Ryan will grace us with a detailed race report.

I will bore you all instead, with a brief recap of another great week of training. I ran a great track workout on tuesday, 5 x 1000 with 90 sec jog rest. 3:09, 3:10, 3:11, 3:10, 3:11. It was a short work out and actually felt pretty easy. The rest of the week was mostly aerobic conditioning runs of 12 and 15 miles and several recovery runs of 6-8 miles. Todays long run/workout was challenging. 18 miles w/ 15 miles @ marathon effort. The fifteen miles was 1:37:21, which is 6:29 pace. That is 2:50:00 marathon pace. I could live with that but I think I can go faster. Week total 88 miles.

Next week is my half marathon tune up, hope everyone has fun at RM's b-day.

1 comment:

RM said...

Jake - that's a great workout man, those are some fast times on the track. I know it's 6 days away, but it looks like the temps this week should stay perfect. We can only hope you get the same good fortune we had at Philly. I'll post my personal race story on my blog, and the rest of the recap on here.