Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Andy

Happy birthday to our good buddy Andy Gell. Hope he's enjoying his day teaching the youth of SoCal.

Weekend results seemed a little light, but some really solid performances at the NCR 20 Miler. Spider pulled another 2nd place behind Mike Wardian, averaging 5:51 for the race. It was about a minute faster than he ran last year, so I'd say he's in pretty good form. Race of the day belongs to Travicon, who dropped 9 minutes from his time last year and averaged 6:19. Trav - that's sick dude, I project your MCM time to be 2:44.

Of course, our Purple Drink Athlete of the Week went to Justin and Allison's 4 year old, Riley, who competed in a youth triathlon. The sheer hilarity of this race must have been second to none. The pictures Justin sent are pretty big, so I won't post them on here.

What was up with nobody at FHR last night? You guys are wack. Kris, Patrick, Mellow, Alyssa, heck, even Bobby Van Allen was there - we all ran together, Shady 7. It was a nice evening run. See you all at track tonight!

4 comments:

Jen said...

No offense to FHR, but the beach is way better.

RM said...

No offense to Jen, but I, too, was at the beach. I am just better than everyone else that I was able to run in the morning, go to the beach, visit a friend in PA for his birthday and make it to Fed Hill. It's sometimes amazing all that I can accomplish.

Besides, running was at 6:30!

Jen said...

Yes and at 6:30 I was still turning into a black girl on the beach. It was worth it, even though I'm being punished for it with rotten little children today.

RM said...

The sun stops working after 2...ha