Friday, July 4, 2008

Man it's Hot

i just found this article about "beating" the heat. for the most part, it doesn't say anything that you don't already know. i'm posting it because of this little gem...

That same day in similar weather and humidity, in Cambridge, Md., nearly 1,400 athletes raced in the Eagle Man Half Ironman — a 1.2-mile swim, a 56-mile bike ride, and a 13.1-mile run. Among them was Amy Roth, 32, the director of corporate partnerships at the Whitney Museum in Manhattan. She had trained hard, but the run, in particular, was difficult in the intense heat.

“I felt like I was dragging along but I couldn’t move any faster,” Ms. Roth said.

Still, she ran at a mile pace of 8:07.

“There were very fast people, very good athletes, who were walking, who just couldn’t do it,” she said.


but you already knew that too.

enjoy the 4th.

2 comments:

Jake Marren said...

Race result update. I ran the Montpelier Mile on the 3rd. The race was a pretty big shock to the system in the middle of a 80 mile week but I still managed a 4:48-4:50 (waiting for official results). Afterwards I finished up my 13 miles on the day and today I feel fairly sore.

Jake

a said...

That's sick man - great job. Make sure you don't get injured and you've got a great marathon in you for sure!