Monday, February 11, 2008

What a Weekend!

Speaking personally, of course, this was one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) training weekends I've put in. It started with Friday's 4000m in the pool followed by a quick 8+ miles at Patapsco, then the 85 solo miles I spent on my bike on Saturday and capped with a 19 mile run at Patapsco yesterday. The run yesterday was also a little quicker than anticipated, as we crushed our first 8 miles at 6:30 pace, then maybe backed off a little (not much) for the next few. I will admit, the last couple miles were getting old, so I was slowing down a little bit while it still felt as hard. Either way, 2hrs12min of running was good enough for me.

Anyway, enough about me. Let's talk about this week's Purple Drink Athlete of the Week. Emily Lipman aka Emily Brown went down to Tampa because Bryan was there for work. She decided to go because there was a half marathon this weekend, and she thought it might be fun to run. Her aspirations were mainly to finish, as she didn't think she was in the kind of shape she was in during the fall season. In October, she did her first half marathon (Baltimore) in 2:14. Yesterday she said F you, Baltimore, I'm gonna crush this - running a 2:06:12 en route to placing 463rd out of 1175 females, and overall finishing in about the top 50%. An 8 minute PR is almost always sure to earn you the PDAW. So great job Em!

Just a friendly reminder that I'll be out most of this week, after tonight's run. I would ask that for consistency's sake, you continue the Wednesday Night Canton run, if possible, at 6 pm, as well as Friday at the Park at 4. I'll coordinate with some of you who would probably run on Sunday for a long run and then set that up.

No comments: