Tuesday, February 5, 2008

NYC Marathon

Never too early to start planting seeds. And then watch them grow into plants. And then smoke those plants.

NYC Marathon entries become available February 25. The date for the race this year is Sunday, November 2nd. I'll tell you why this sucks: because that weekend is Halloween weekend and I plan on getting RETARDED in Fells Point on Friday and probably also on Saturday.

However, I think I'm going to sign up. If I qualify for Hawaii, then I'll defer to next year, otherwise I'll probably just do it. If you click on this link you can see what the entry requirements are. There are a few ways you can get in: lottery (good luck), charitable entry (no thanks) or qualifying times. You have until May 1, 2008 to run either a 2:55 marathon or a 1:23 half. I would opt for the half, that's a pretty cake time. Some options would include Caesar Rodney Half in DE (Chrissie's doing that one) or B&A Trail Half in Severna Park, Shamrock Half Marathon in VA Beach on St. Patrick's weekend, probably a few others. The Frederick Half is three days past the deadline.

No comments: