Monday, December 31, 2007

Peace Out 2007

Since we went through the 2007 recap at Awards Night (I should have done a podcast for those of you who couldn't make it) I won't bother to rehash everything that happened in a post, BUT:

It was a good year for most, if not all, of us. Some highlights were a winter full of some miserable long runs in Patapsco, a trip to Boston in some awful weather, a great 28 weeks of track workouts, new team members and awesome racing in the events we hit, a successful fall campaign and a surprising winter so far.

I fully expect 2008 to be even bigger, and I anticipate the group helping you get there. As an update, I have registered for Austin 3M Half Marathon on 1/27 and by this weekend expect to have my flights booked for San Diego US XC Championships (2/16). I hope some others come along with me to that one, it will be a great time.

So to end 2007, I'll just say thanks to everyone who came out this year and ran with us - all 70 of you - because it certainly makes it easier for me to get up and want to train everyday knowing there is going to be someone to run with. Have a great night tonight, be safe whatever you do (e.g. wrap IT up, don't drink and drive, etc - ha!) and we'll see you in 2008!

No comments: